Friday, January 28, 2011

And on and on

Anyways, the next day was a hang around day. We went shopping at a store called Winn Dixie. It was a grocery store that sold everything; I grilled up some turkey burgers; Bobby and I hung out with his friends again just relaxin and taking it easy at their place.

Sunday brought some venturing out for Bobby and I. We went to the Ringling Brothers museum which detailed how the circus came to be. Also it has the Ringling Mansion which is a museum now and a Classic Art museum. Can I say that I had a great time because I def did! The circus is incredible in the sense that it was a giant moving city. Literally, the tents came in the morning before the show, the workers put everything together, and by night it was all ready. After the performance, everything was packed up and sent to the next town. The coolest part was a model of the circus based off of real photos and video and description, so it is very accurate. The mansion on the property was goddamn incredible. A spectacular house the opens right up onto the bay. We came back home and made some chicken on the grill, and then we headed back over to his friends' place. Together with another guy named Tom, did we all pile into Marty's party van and head out for drinking.

We went first for pizza. The first stop we went in literally smelled like shit the instant we walked in. Luckily, they weren't selling slices for the rest of the night, so we bounced out like woah. We went to another place and the pizza was killin. And, as it turns out, Jen used to play roller derby which is awesome because I have had a lot of interaction with roller derby, so we chatted and I had a beer and a killin slice of cheese pizza. Afterwards, we went to a place called Mr. Beery's.

This pace is tight cause it has a bunch of rotating microbrews. I had an Abbey Ale, a Red Ale, and some other Hefeweisn type business. The worst though was the live comedy that was going on. This old ass man, like in his 40s, fat, bald, dough faced was on stage. Now, I think that anyone who puts themselves out for public or creative display deserves some sort of credit for making themselves vulerable. This man though deserves nothing but chemical castration. He sang a song about some 'new product' he was offering that collected piss. Then he said how great it would be at the ball game, and then sang a version of 'Take Me Out to the Ballgame,' but the words were take me out to the bathroom and all this other tacky awfulness.

 Thank god there was another room where we could hide and drink our frustrations away. We chatted and chilled and finally headed back to Marty's place. There was stories told and music listened to. They have a fire place for wood, so we were able to keep warm (even though it wasn't that cold). Bobby and I hit it early because I needed to be up the next day to rent a car and he had school.

No comments:

Post a Comment